Programmes & Initiatives
With 9,000 locations in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide, we’re in a unique position to put our sustainable goals into practice, with action-oriented programmes in the communities where we live and work, as well as efforts that introduce millions of drivers to new fuel and vehicle technology.
50 Million Tree Pledge
Working with the Arbor Day Foundation and the US Forest Service, our Foundation is underwriting the planting of 50 million trees over 50 years in National Forests around the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
What Can 10 Million Trees Do?
According to the Arbor Day Foundation, 10 million trees can absorb more than 10 million pounds of carbon, produce oxygen for up to 40 million people per day and lift as much as a billion gallons of water out of the ground and into the air.
THE 50 MILLION TREE PLEDGE PLANTING PROJECTS OF 2015
- Bastrop State Park, Texas
- District of 100 Mile House, Canada
- Flight 93 Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Woodland Trust, United Kingdom
- Pike National Forest, Colorado
- Modoc National Forest, California
- Huron National Forest, Michigan
- Nordsachsen, Germany
- Indian Lake State Forest, Florida
- Webb Wildlife Center, South Carolina
Track Our Efforts to Replenish Earth's Forests
As we reach the 10 million mark this year, we’re on our way to plant 50 million trees by 2056. In total, it is a gift of $50 million in today's dollars.